Montreal Steak SpiceAugust 25th, 2008 | Written by jfolkmann | Topic: Ingredients
This simple recipe makes a very tasty spice mixture to shake over BBQ steak. Add the spice to some nice ribeye steaks like the ones below.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon of lightly toasted coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon of dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons of coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic (I prefer just rubbing my steak with garlic)
In a mortar and pestle grind together the coriander seeds, peppercorns and dill seeds. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and put it in a jar for storage. It makes about 1/4 cup of spice.