Morrocan grilled chickenJune 21st, 2006 | Written by jfolkmann | Topic: Main
Need a quick after work dinner? This won’t take you more than 1/2 hour to prepare and cook…it doesnt’ get better than this. While the chicken is grilling I put some pitta in the oven to warm and quickly put together a yoghurt, garlic, tomato and cucumber salad to accompany the meat. Very tasty.
Lets get started….
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove of garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspooon of dried chili (you can use a little fresh chili if you have it)
8 boneless chicken thighs (use chicken breasts if you want, i just like the juicy brown meat)
1. Mix oil, onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, turmeric and chili in a food processor until thoroughly blended.
2. Cube chicken thighs (or breasts) and place in a large glass dish. Cover with your blended mixture and get stuck in with your hands to make sure the chicken is covered.
3. Heat up your grill, make sure it’s piping hot. BBQ would be great for this as well, but i’m thinking a medium heat would be better. You can skewer the meat or just place it on the grill (as i’ve done) either work.
4. Grill the chicken for 6-7 mins, or until it’s cooked through.
5. Serve and squeeze a little lemon on top.